I was provided with a product in exchange for this post. However as always all opinions are all my own! Pinky Promise!
Do you remember that part in Wall-E where all these overweight people were shuttled around on these chairs instead of walking and being active and everything came to them? I can’t help but think of that whenever I use my phone to turn up the TV, turn off the lights and now even change the temperature of my home. Don’t get me wrong though having these abilities is pretty amazing, especially those times where I can’t get up and flick a switch. I can’t name how many times I have been stuck under a sleeping kid only to wish that I could make it slightly cooler in my house. Luckily, I don’t have to wish anymore because I have an Ecobee3.
The Ecobee3 is a thermostat that will connect to your wifi and thus connect to your iPhone so that you will be able to control the temperature in your home. From this thermostat you will be able to see the weather outside, the humidity inside and even ask your phone what the temperature in your house is.
Whenever my Ecobee3 arrived I was a little worried about the installation because while we are really tech savvy we are not handy people at all. However after a mere hour my husband and son already had it installed in both our AC downstairs in our basement as well as having it installed on the wall where our old thermostat was located. With it being this easy we can quickly remove it to take with us when we move (this is especially important because we rent our home).
The first day was a little trial and error. After realizing that our AC was running we realized that we needed to reach out to the support at Ecobee3. After a quick phone call and some help from a really nice Ecobee3 representative we had the wire swapped in our AC unit and had our Ecobee working like a charm. Then again after seeing how ancient our original unit was it didn’t surprise me that we had a little issues installing it, but it still went much smoother than i had expected. If you are still worried about your ability to install this unit you can go to the Ecobee website and they will locate someone to install your Ecobee3 for you!
My favorite part about having the Ecobee3 is that I can change the temperature from just about anywhere, rather or not Im at home. I absolutely love that. I also really like that the temperature in my home feels much more consistent and since installing the new thermostat. Before the family was always telling me that it was too cold in the house now it seems that we are all much happier with how it feels in my home. Because of this I am really excited to see our first electric bill since the change!
- Ecobee3 has Homekit compatibility. Meaning you will be able to ask your iPhone to update the temperature in your home.
- It has a very responsive touch screen and a proximity sensor that will recognize whenever you walk up to it and it will get ready for any adjustments you may have.
- Guided setup after installation to make the installation incredibly easy.
- Super sleek and easy to use app.
- Comes with one remote sensor that will monitor temperatures in other rooms in your home. You can purchase up to 32 of these sensors to add to your home.
- The Ecobee3 knows your schedule and knows what temperature you like your home to be whenever you come home from a long day at work by changing your temperature settings on the calendar.
- The Ecobee3 can save you up to 23% on your electric bill annually.
- The staff at Ecobee is very friendly and efficient and can be reached anytime via email and phone.
- Lets you monitor and control the temperature in your home anytime, anywhere, on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Check the temperature outside or the humidity inside your home right from your Ecobee3 home screen.
Get your own Ecobee3 today for just $249 at Ecobee.com!