Im on a roll lately, I have knocked another place off of my Louisville Bucket List. This time John and I checked out Tom + Chee for lunch.
My initial impression is that this place is adorable and hip from its location to its inner and outside appearance, then again I expected this much because of its unique name. Before we arrived John and I looked over the menu on Yelp because I saw some photos of the menu and the menu board itself looked a little overwhelming. Ultimately Im glad that we did because even though the staff was willing to help us make decisions there was still so many options to chose from.
I had decided on a BLT + Chee and John had the Pep + Chee which are both exactly what they sound like. We made them both combo meals, John had the classic tomato soup and I got chips and we shared both. The classic tomato soup was delicious but I didn’t care much for it along side of my BLT + Chee, maybe it was a tomato overload for me, though it made the perfect dipping sauce for Johns sandwich. By the time we left we were STUFFED which was a little surprising because I never have gotten stuffed off of a grilled cheese before.
Over all, we liked Tom + Chee. The food was great, the environment was unique and fun and it was a change from the usual. However, even though it was good I agree with John when he said it was a little expensive for just a grilled cheese. Also the staff was helpful I did feel rushed while ordering, which was a bummer because we were the only people in there at the time. I would probably go back when craving grilled cheese but I do see myself making this a regular place for us.
A few fun tips about Tom + Chee:
– There is a small parking lot on the side of building for easier parking.
– Bring a friend on Mondays because the second grilled cheese is half off!
– Kids eat free on Tuesdays.
– There are three different sizes of tomato soup, Large, medium and dipping size. These grilled cheese are very filling so consider this whenever thinking about getting a large size of soup.
– You can also build your own sandwich so take a moment to look at the menu before you arrive so that you can make a really incredible sandwich.
– The environment is very casual with light music playing and sports on the TV which makes this place the perfect place for lunch.