The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.
Day 13 of our Christmas Activity Advent Calendar was pizza and movie night with delicious snacks. Now I had originally planned to watch a Christmas movie with the family, but whenever this package from MyBlogSpark arrived with the Despicable Me 2 movie inside I knew that I had to watch this one with the family instead.
In preparation for the movie night I used the recipe card that came with the package to make Minion Munch Chex Party mix, however I changed a few of the ingredients around. Having never made Chex mix before I had no clue what to expect as far as difficulty goes. To my surprise the mix was very easy, so easy that I went to the Chex website to find even more delicious recipes for my family. They have a massive list of Chex Mix recipes that vary from sweet to savory.
Before the movie started I served this mix up in small cups so that there would not be any mess during the movie. Especially since I knew that the movie was going to be hilarious (just based on how good the first movie was), and there would be a chance that the kids might spill the mix while laughing.
As expected Despicable Me 2 was beyond funny, for me it was still very funny even though it was a “kids movie”. In fact I might even go as far as saying that this movie was probably my favorite kids movie in quite a while (I really love those adorable little minions). Of course the kids really enjoyed the movie as well, even though Ethan and Jayde had already seen the movie in theaters over the summer they still really enjoyed watching it all over again.
MINION MUNCH CHEX PARTY MIX
2 cups Honey Nut Chex cereal
2 cups of Chocolate Chex cereal
2 cups Banana Nut Cheerios Cereal
1/4 Cup butter / margarine
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cup dried banana chips
2/3 cup candy-coated chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter
- In a large microwavable bowl, measure cereal and peanuts.
- In a 2-cup microwavable measuring cup microwave butter / margarine for about 30 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in brown sugar and peanut butter. Microwave 30 seconds or until the mixture is boiling.
- Pour the mixture over the cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on high for 3 minutes, stopping every minute to thoroughly stir your mix until the entire mix is glazed.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in dried bananas and candy.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool the mix.
Enter to win all of the awesome stuff below:
• (1) Box Honey Nut Chex
• (1) Box Chocolate Chex
• (1) Box Banana Nut Cheerios
• (1) Despicable Me 2 DVD
• (1) Minion USB