After my January update post I have decided that I will do them weekly. I originally planned on doing them every Friday. However Friday came and gone, and so did Saturday, so here I am typing up my weekly update on Sunday. Maybe next week I will be more organized… Maybe.
So the kids started their science fair projects. Chandler chose to see if he could make salt crystals. Ethan wanted to make green sugar crystals (see picture to the left), and Jayde wanted to see how the size of the ice cube would affect the amount of fizz in a soda.
The boys both started their projects since both projects needed almost a week to complete, and so far both projects are not working out. Im not sure if it is how I read the instructions or if the directs on BOTH experiment are incorrect (I doubt it).
Needless to say they will be all sharing Jayde’s experiment idea, if the teachers allow it.
I tried out an idea that I saw on Pinterest, and it WORKED! (click the picture to see the detail)
It involved using a Sharpie on painted nails, and then covering the Sharpie ink in clear nail polish. I really thought that the ink would smear, but it actually didn’t.
The bad part was that I spent all that time making her nails look super cute, only to have her come home from school the very next day having picked every piece of polish off her nails.
John told me that he was getting gas in his car after work one day (so that I’d know he would be a few minutes late getting home), and surprised me with an iPad mini! Thus solving my problem of not having a computer. I was slightly skeptical about getting a mini instead of the full size, but Im totally thankful that I chose the mini!
Also my amazing father in law sent us his Apple monitor to replace my old one that a certain company refused to honor the service plan for.
Now Im totally back up and able to get some work done. Okay, Okay… now Im back up and working and can tweet and browse the web whenever I want.
Chandler turned 12. FREAKING TWELVE! Unbelievable.
And I cannot believe that 12 years ago I had my oldest baby (he loves when I call him that). We celebrated the special day with a Minecraft cookie cake made by yours truly, ice cream and Burger King (leave it to my kid to choose that for his birthday dinner).
He got a laptop, a Jacksonville Jaguars teeshirt, and some Skylanders from us. He got gift cards from family and bought MORE Skylanders and more Nerf guns (which he fully plans on attacking Dad with again).
The day after Chandler’s birthday it finally snowed. Like really snowed. So much that they cancelled school. The kids were super excited because they got a three day weekend!
Actually, it even snowed the following days too. Sadly we haven’t had a chance to sled, even though we have been waiting TWO years to go sledding again. Mostly because we had a ton of errands to run, and partly because Jayde really dislikes playing in the snow for any extended period of time. Shame that it didn’t snow while the kids were in school because me and John would have just went by ourselves.
A few other things that happened….
- We went and filed for Bankruptcy. After moving to Kentucky from Florida in 2009 we ate through all of our savings and put ourselves in major debt. We lost our home, and everything. Now is our time to get a fresh start and dig from underneath all that debt. And make some GOOD financial choices so that this never, ever has to happen again.
- Our tax return was deposited weeks earlier than expected, so John was able to order us that 60 inch Sharp TV that he has had his eyes on for a while now. Mostly because our other TV is telling us that it is on its last leg. We could deal with a broken HDMI port, but when it stopped turning on every time we knew it was time. Plus John works very hard and always refuses to buy himself anything so he totally deserves this.
- We spent almost all of one night up because of stupid tornado warning (that ended up just being a few moments of heavy wind), but I ended up having to let Jayde stay home from school because she was unable to fall back asleep.
- In related, Ethan and Chandler went to school. I got a phone call from Ethans teacher because he was caught chewing gum not once but TWICE in class, and she had to punish him by having him go around with the janitor and clean dirty gum off the desks.
- I found a washer and dryer set at Lowe’s that I am madly in love with (it syncs up with your iPhone!!). The next day (today) my current washer stopped working… again. I consider that a sign that I was meant to own those new Samsung washer and dryer.
- We discovered a new restaurant here in Louisville, called Raising Cane’s. I don’t normally care for meat in general but those were the most amazing chicken tenders I have EVER eaten.
- In related for the first time I was able to sit and eat (and enjoy) being out in public with a ton of noise and movement without getting so dizzy that I was ill. Baby steps. Maybe this week I will see if John will take me out and try a loud place again.
- Last but not least…. JOHN’S ON A WEEK VACATION!!! WooHoo!