Whew, I am exhausted after the last 2.5 weeks. Thus resulting in….. a RECAP! Bet you never saw that coming, from my clever posting title.
I finally got the whole crocheting thing down (sort of). So I went to purchase more teal yarn for Ethan’s blanket when I realized it was DISCONTINUED!! I guess when I plan on making a blanket I probably need more than two skeins of yarn. Luckily I was able to find two more skeins on eBay (at triple the price) so hopefully with a total of 6 skeins I will have enough… hopefully. In the meantime I found some cute multicolored yarn on clearance, that I purchased and made Jayde (and her Monster High doll) a scarf with. Thus completing my first crocheting project. BOOM! One goal marked off of my 13 Goals for 2013 list! 12 goals to go!
I got my MacBook Air back from service, only to have my fan go out. I think that was the final straw for us. So John decided to just sell my laptop and buy me an iPad mini. In the meantime I was going to just use out Mac Mini. Sounded like a good deal to me…. except…. my monitor that I would use with our (his) Mac Mini was out to service (have a ever told you that I have an incredible knack for breaking things?) but it was no big deal because it should be back any time, little did we know at that time that the company that was servicing our monitor was not going to honor the service plan that we purchased. So I plugged in the boys TV to the Mac Mini to use in the mean time, not ideal but I could use it to write and browse in the mean time. Only to find out that the boys dropped it somehow and the color black no longer showed up on the TV screen. AMAZING. I spent last week browsing the web from Johns original iPad (I have got to make that guy buy himself something for once) and from my iPhone. It was NOT fun. I do have a temporary monitor now to use until the company sends back my broken monitor to use. Sigh. Oh… did I mention that our living room TV is going out too? Yeah… that will probably break next week.
I also went shopping… and stumbled upon some of these at Big Lots. Since I am all about trying new and limited edition foods I bought them. Despite twitter warning me not to. However I LOVE pumpkin pie, and pretty much anything that is pumpkin pie flavored. I was a little hesitant about trying these for obvious reason. But I had John try them with me… you know in case they were really gross he would have to taste it too.
Sadly, they were worse than expected. The were DISGUSTING. And when I say they are disgusting that is a vast understatement. I love Pringles and pumpkin pie flavoring, but these are terrible. DO NOT EAT THESE!
Just over two weeks ago John got the flu, and was very sick for days. So sick that he actually went to the doctor. Which if you knew him you would know it would take him being deathly ill to actually go to the doctors (to give you an idea of how bad it was).
When we left the doctor we noticed that he was very jaundiced (yellow), his eyes, his nails, his skin. Naturally we went back to the doctor and he took blood work because the doctor had no idea what was causing the jaundice and the pain.
Here we are at least five blood work tests, one CT scan, and almost three weeks later we still have no answers. He sees the specialist this week. Please cross your fingers that its nothing major. I have been freaking out over this (nightmares and all) since he got sick, since he very rarely gets really sick.
Other things that happened this week (or two):
- The kids brought report cards home. The boys are on A-B honor rolls and Jayde is improving a lot but not quite into honor roll just yet. We are hoping next report card will be the one.
- I bought Jayde some pretty epic Cat woman shoes from Journeys Kidz, that were a size too big and their customer service was AMAZING and offered to ship me a new pair in the right size at no cost to me! (Even though I was the one to made an error). Oh did I mention I got those adorable shoes (that retail for $55) for $25?! I know where I will be buying the kids shoes next time!
- On the same note I ordered two hats from New Era. One for my sons birthday, and one a a “just because” gift for my husband. The one sent to us for John was the wrong size. When I contacted New Era they wanted me to pay to ship it because of their error, only after 45 minutes and threatening to use my buyer protection (not the real name but I cannot remember what it was actually called) from American Express did they agreed to pay shipping for their error. Next time I want a hat, I will just find a local place to shop.
- Thanks to Pandora I discovered Lana Del Rey. Talk about talented (and gorgeous!). If you have never heard her music you really must check her out.
- I started using the FitBit last week. Not as active as I would have liked because of all the events listed above (not to mention it was COLD out). But this week coming is going to be good, and super active. So follow me on there if you have a FitBit, I can use all the encouragement possible.
- Ethan did this:
Immediately afterwards Chandler tried doing the same thing only to get the frame stuck around his head and arm. I swear I thought I was going to need the jaws of life to get him out of it.
So there is my last 2.5 weeks in a nut shell (I miss a ton I know, but Im at 1,000+ words and writing more would be INSANE). I think I will start doing this weekly, and in much smaller portions. Sort of like a weekly update, just not as funny as the one on Saturday Night Live.