I read a post by Cat at Food Family & Finds called 13 things that I want to do in 2013. I loved it so much that I have decided to snag the idea (with permission of course), it is so much better than making resolutions because I cant ever seem to stick by them. So maybe if I make a list of 13 goals for this year I will finally stick to it! So here goes:
1. Lose weight. I started eating healthier and exercising for a few months in 2012 and lost a significant amount of weight, but the holiday came around and I fell back into my old habits. I never felt better than those few months, so in 2013 I hope to lose 40 pounds and feel terrific!
2. Find a hobby that I love. I have always wanted to learn how to crochet or knit. Especially after seeing all of the cool things everyone else has been making over this past year. This year I want to learn how to make something awesome. YouTube here I come!
3. Have more family time. When the kids were little we used to have Wednesday game night and Friday pizza and movie night, as the years went by the tradition changed and dwindled down to just pizza night on Fridays. The kids are getting older and I want to make memories that last.
4. Put money into savings and keep it there. This year we pay off my car, which means we will owe on NOTHING after September! That means we will have money that we can save, and if we do actually hold ourselves to saving the money instead of spending it we can finally get ahead!
5. Get better. Im sure you have read me write about being sick a time or ten, but this year Im getting it fixed if it means that we make a trip back home to Jacksonville to get it fixed. Or at the very least I will make an attempt to just live with it and live life as normally as humanly possible. And remember that IT COULD BE WORSE!
6. Stop cursing. I cuss, a LOT. Its a terrible, terrible habit that I picked up from my Mom, and never broke. This year, I want stop cussing before my kids pick up my bad habit.
7. Run a 5k. In 2012 I walked my first 5k so in 2013 I want to run my first 5k. I had a brief taste of running last year and it was an incredible feeling, that I must feel that again.
8. Talk on the phone. Okay, I realize this totally sounds nuts. However I have steered clear of the phone all together, the thought of getting on the phone just stresses me out big time. I am totally uncomfortable on the phone. This year I want to change that, maybe call someone, or facetime someone.
9. Put the TP on the roll. This one totally sounds like a joke but Im being serious. I am guilty of never putting the toilet paper on the roll and I know that it drives John absolutely insane. They always say its the little things in life right?
10. Loosen up and smile more. Seriously. Sometimes I feel like I am so uptight, and spend more time worrying about the kids getting hurt or something getting messed up to actually unwind and have fun. There was a time long ago where I was almost as silly and fun as my husband, I need to find that girl again this year.
11. Read more. I love reading. I just never disconnect from everything enough to actually enjoy it. I want to knock some books off of my Book Bucket list this year.
12. Learn spanish. I have been saying for a really long time now that I wanted to learn and I figured if I spend an hour every other day on my hair why not use that time to learn spanish.
13. Stop biting my nails. This is one I say every year, but I am going to try super duper hard to stop because it drives John nuts and it looks bad.